In accordance with Private Information Protection Law effective as of April, 2006, Kitakyushu Foundation for the Advancement of Industry, Science and Technology ("FAIS") in charge of this website has established the following policy for the management of customer information and such. FAIS will focus its efforts on appropriate protection of customer information and such according to this policy. Your understanding and cooperation will be much appreciated.
Enacted as of November, 2006
Kitakyushu Foundation for the Advancement of Industry, Science and Technology
Private Information Protection Policy
FAIS recognizes the priority of private information protection and will focus its efforts on protecting such information according to the following policy.
- Compliance with laws and ordinances
FAIS will abide by "the law regarding private information protection" and other related ordinances. In addition, FAIS will develop "Private Information Protection Regulations" and make every effort to protect/manage private information properly as well as to keep all the employees informed.
- Acquisition/use of private information
When private information is acquired, the purpose of the use shall be made as specific as possible and the means of acquisition shall be fair and appropriate. Furthermore, the information shall be acquired directly from the individual as a general rule while the purpose of the use is notified or revealed and it shall be used within the scope of the purpose specified.
- Disclosure of information to the third party
Private information shall not be disclosed to any third party without the individual's consent unless ordained by the law. In the case of outsourcing the management of private information, appropriate measure shall be taken such as specifying the management liability of the agency in the contract.
- Implementation of safety measure
Private information shall be maintained, as accurate and updated as much as possible while prevention measures shall be taken against illegal access, loss, falsification, leakage and such.
- Release/correction and such of private information retained
When requests are made by the individual for a notice of the purpose of use, release/correction of the content, suspension of use and the like regarding the private information retained, such requests shall be responded to promptly.
Purpose of use
- For public relations activities and information service for FAIS and Kitakyushu Science and Research Park
- For management and operation of facilities at the Science and Research Park
- For book circulation service at the Media Center at the Science and Research Park
- For issue of campus cards and server control at the Science and Research Park
- For development of researchers information within the Kitakyushu Science and Research Park
- For the promotion and information service of collaboration projects between industry and academia.
- For management and operation of conference rooms at the SME Support Center
- Promotion and information service of SME support projects
- For management and operation of Kitakyushu Telework Center
- For promotion of incubation activities
- For administration of conferences, seminars, events and the like organized by FAIS
- For advertisement of related events and the like
- For employment and personnel management of FAIS employees
- For payment transactions of various kinds
- For necessary correspondence by mail, telephone and e-mail
Inquiries regarding private information, please contact us at:
Administration and Planning Department,
the Kitakyushu Foundation for the Advancement of Industry, Science and Technology
Collaboration Center 1F, 2-1 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu City 808-0135
Tel: +81-93-695-3111 / Fax: +81-93-695-3010